This is a denim rag rug that Patty C. from Ohio shared with me.
I asked if she would share some details about her denim rag rug. Patty provided quite a few details that I thought might be very helpful to others taking on the their own denim rug. Here is the link to my denim rag rug video.
- She used 9 pairs of recycled blue jeans cut into 1"-1.5" strips.
- The rug is 22" x 28" in overall size.
- She used a 22 mm crochet hook that she purchased on www.ragrugsbyerin.com
- It was all single crochet stitches (like my video)
- She had to tear it out 3 times. It took a while to figure out the corners. (Tearing out rugs is very common on your first attempt on an unfamiliar rug.) I have several rectangle rag rug videos on my website now you can view for free.
Hints: Patty stated, "When I do it again, I'll make sure that all the material is the same texture and width, I had some strips that were from a thicker blue jean and some that were from a polyester blend and it made a really big difference in the stitch. Thanks again for your videos and thank your husband for the hook!"
Thank you Patty for sharing all this information with me and other rag ruggers!!
Please email me at email@example.com for ideas or suggestions you would like clarification or information about. Perhaps you will see it in another Rag Rugs by Erin Blog.
Follow me on Facebook: Rag Rugs by Erin
Follow or subscribe to Erin Halvorsen on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/c/ErinHalvorsen
Until next time happy rag rugging!